Did you know that a healthy diet can be good for your teeth? In fact, there are many foods that can help protect and build tooth enamel, and keep your teeth and gums in top-notch shape. Most of us know how sugar can damage our teeth; however, there are many tasty treats that can help teeth stay healthy and strong throughout the years.
Our dentist, Dr. Nicholas A. Jamison II, wants you to have a healthy smile. That is why he and our team are happy to provide you with the information you need to keep a tooth-friendly diet and a healthy smile.
Here are some tasty treats you can enjoy while also keeping a healthy smile:
– Nuts are high in calcium and protein to strengthen and protect teeth.
– Cheese has been proven to be healthy, as it is loaded with calcium.
– Carrots can wash away debris, as they help to produce additional saliva.
– Meats are high in minerals and proteins to strengthen your gums.
– Chewing gum, specifically after meals, can help produce additional saliva to wash away harmful bacteria.
– Apples can wash away plaque buildup and debris, as they contain water and fiber.
– Leafy greens are chock-full of calcium.
– Yogurt is healthy, as it contains calcium and protein.
With tasty foods like these, you can keep your smile healthy for years to come. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like more information on oral health care, please call the dental practice of Nicholas A. Jamison II DDS today at 970-506-1122. Our dental team is happy to schedule a consultation for you.